Does Your Custom Security System Have Everything You Need?
We’ll Provide a Checklist to Ensure Your System Fully Covers You.
We cover a plethora of custom security system topics on our blog, from cameras to environmental sensors to staffed monitoring. Since we do this for a living, the various components all make sense to us. We understand almost intuitively which security tools suit your family.
However, in this blog, we’ll focus on you and your family by explaining what you might need in more practical terms and providing a comprehensive checklist for when you’re ready to get started on your security installation. Ready to learn what your Nashville, TN, home’s security suite might be missing? Glance through our checklist for some ideas.
Security and Surveillance Tools You’ll Need (and Why)
- Security Cameras – No surprise here: The first step to seeing what’s happening around your property is finding a tool that captures the action. It does get daunting when you look at all the security camera choices, though. Should you get a bullet camera or a dome or a pan-tilt-zoom? And where do you need to place them? Symspire will walk you through your choices and explain each decision, including details like your storage preferences, brands, pricing and more.
- Video Doorbell – Can you see who rang your doorbell without opening vulnerable entryways? Free yourself from suspicious individuals, solicitors and unwanted neighbor visits by harnessing a video doorbell system that lets you talk to anyone who approaches.
- A Lit Pathway – Don’t stumble around in the dark! Outdoor lighting illuminates a safe path to your front door. The welcome glow looks less inviting to criminals, though. They’ll more clearly see your cameras outside and consider running.
- Timed Lighting – Just as a dark house gives your absence away, so does a house that remains lit 24/7. Timed lighting programs like Lutron’s SmartAway feature turn lights off and on at scheduled times that mimic your lifestyle patterns.
- Smart Locks – Still keeping a spare key under your front door mat? A prospective burglar probably expects that and hopes for an easy break-in. Eliminate all physical keys and opt for smart locks that you can control from anywhere. Add them to any door, including interior doors to private rooms, or even to a gate.
- Remote Access – You can’t achieve optimal peace of mind when you can’t look at what’s happening in your home. When it comes to safety, out of sight definitely doesn’t mean out of mind. Connected apps show you when someone opens a door, crosses into your geofence, or any other designated action you wish to program into your security tools.
- Carbon Monoxide, Smoke and Freeze Detectors – It’s not just people you have to watch out for: Fires and carbon monoxide leaks can happen when you least expect them. We also recommend storing fire extinguishers in key locations throughout the home, especially in your kitchen. Winter calls for special precautions, such as low-temperature and freeze detectors to keep a burst pipe from causing widespread damage.
- Staffed Monitoring – Even when you have all of the tools mentioned above, doesn’t it make you feel extra secure knowing that real human beings are available to watch your property and take your calls whenever you need? That’s why Symspire employs a professional staff who can monitor any emergencies and take support calls around the clock. Plus, they hold CSAA’s 5 Diamond Certification, a testament to Symspire’s customer service, dedication to ongoing code compliance and continuing industry education.
- Alarms – According to FBI reports, a robbery occurs once every 1.6 seconds in the U.S. The good news? More than half of criminals would skip your home if they knew you had an alarm system: We think that statistic speaks for itself.
Contact Symspire Today!
How many of these items could you check off? Did this list remind you of any tool your Nashville-area home still needs for you to feel as though you’re protecting your family? The Symspire team would love to advise you in selecting the best version of each tool above for your property, as well as finding those custom add-ons that didn’t make this list.
Ready to learn more? Call us today at (615) 332-0093. You can also fill out our contact form or click on the chat box in the corner of your browser. We look forward to helping you achieve the ultimate peace of mind with a comprehensive, reliable smart home.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.